Scalby is a pretty village on the outskirts (3 miles) of the town of Scarborough & on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. An ideal base for walkers, cyclists and golfers.Scarborough is England's oldest seaside resort and for entertainment amongst many other things there is Alan Aykbourne's famous Stephen Joseph Theatre & The Spa which hosts daily musical performances.We are close to Whitby, Bridlington & Filey & the inland towns of Malton & Pickering and 40 miles from York
Nearby Points of Interest
- Scarborough Castle (4 mi)
- Castle set on cliff headland with superb views over Scarborough and towards Flamborough Head
- Goathland/Grosmont (15 mi)
- Goathland is where 'ITV's Heartbeat' is filmed on the Yorkshire moors from after visiting the Aidensfield arms village stores etc you can take walks through beautiful wooded countryside or take a ride on the steam train to Pickering stopping at grosmont (Hogsmede station in the Harry Potter books)
- North York Moors National Park (0.7 mi)
- One of England's most popular national parks.
- Scarborough Sea Life and Marine Sanctuary (1.7 mi)
- A place to experience close encounters with a whole host of sea life.
- The Stephen Joseph Theatre (3.7 mi)
- First 'theatre in the round' in the UK
- Walking/Cycling (1 mi)
- There are many trailways on our doorstep including the famous Cleveland Way.
- Golf - Ganton Golf Club (11.7 mi)
- Ganton is among the best of Britain's inland golf courses.
- Amenities (1 mi)
- Supermarket 1 mile
Chemist 1 mile
Bank/ATM 1 mile
Petrol station 1 mile
Travelling from south take the A64 to Scarborough then A171 Scarborough to Whitby when you see the sign to Scalby village (tennis courts on right) go past this and take 3rd turning left into barmoor lane go down hill into dip and see duck pond on right we are the drive on right after duck pond. from north A171 whitby to Scarborough road go through villages of Cloughton and then Burniston. over the mini roundabout at Burniston (Jolly sailors pub on left) a mile on left turn into BarmoorLane
A64 into Scarborough then A171 Scarborough - Whitby third turn left PAST sign to Scalby village down hill we are 1st drive right after the duck pond
Take A171 Whitby to Scarborough through the village of Cloughton then onto Burniston over mini roundabout a mile on turn right into Barmoor Lane down the hill we are 1st right after duck pond
Scarborough Railway Station(2.6mi, 4.2km)
Start out at Scarborough Railway Station. Turn right onto the A171 and at roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A171 (signposted Town Centre). At mini-roundabout turn left onto the A171 (signposted Town Centre, York, Bridlington) and continue forward onto the A171 (signposted Town Centre). At traffic signals turn right onto the A165 (signposted Bridlington) and at the next traffic signals turn right onto the A171 (signposted York A64) you will then arrive at Foulsyke Farm.